- The Detroit Apartments building in Tasman Street was completed in September 2015. At that time, all the apartments were sold to a mix of owner occupiers and investors.
- A small number of stratum freehold car parks remain available for sale. For details, refer Sales Information.
- Location in Mt Cook towards the southern end of Tasman Street provides proximity to the city centre without the hustle and bustle
- Novak and Middleton architecturally designed apartments, a variety of 2 and 3 bedroom apartments are available to suit your preference, all with outdoor balconies
- The development plan and construction methodology provides the security of current building standards for earthquake and fire protection, as well as standards for noise reduction and air flow ventilation
- Secure car parking is below the complex
- Courtyard areas with paved walkways, raised garden boxes and mature planting
- The freehold apartments and car parks are well suited to both owner occupiers and investors alike
- Contact the property manager, see lease information, for details of rental opportunities
The property is situated in Mt Cook towards the southern end of Tasman Street. Surrounding properties comprise a mixture of pre-war villas and bungalows together with newer infill housing and new apartment developments.
The property is ideally suited in terms of residential accommodation due to its proximity to the city centre. It is close to the Massey campus which is situated off Tasman Street, Wellington Regional Hospital, the NZ School of Dance and Ballet School and within easy walking distance to the increasing Newtown Shopping Centre including the new Countdown and all the truly wonderful outdoor amenities of southern Wellington.
Novak and Middleton architecturally designed apartments, a variety of configurations available to suit your preference, all with outdoor spaces or balconies
2 staged development with the final stage of 26 apartments and 35 car parks due for completion in September 2015.
Upon completion the development will comprise 41 quality, architecturally designed Novak and Middleton apartments together with 35 car parks. These will be contained within two separate blocks each three storeys in height. The apartments will be a mixture of two and three bedroom units ranging in size from 53 to 84 square metres (plus balconies). A number of the apartments have an en suite as well as their main bathroom. The apartments all have external balconies or outdoor spaces extending from their living areas.
A secure car park is built beneath the main complex which is separately unit titled.
The complex is being built in two stages.
Stage 1 of the development, completed in July 2014, comprised the southern-most 15 units with 12 car parks below (available upon completion of stage 2).
Stage 2 of the development will comprise the northern-most 26 units and the balance of car parks. Stage 2 is due for completion in September 2015.
Externally the complex will be constructed of low maintenance materials with a concrete slab floor, a mixture of lightweight concrete panels, high quality Eterpan cladding, double glazed windows with a pre-finished metal roofing and matching spouting. Each building will be serviced by stairs together with common corridor areas.
Internal linings will comprise gibraltar board walls and ceilings throughout that will be of a standard to provide noise reduction.
Typical fit-out will be as follows:
- Stainless steel sink
- Stainless steel under bench oven
- Electric hob
- Space provided for fridge and freezer
- Hideaway laundry with washing machine taps
- Built-in wardrobes
- Tile floors and walls
- Glass shower box
- Tiled surround
- Porcelain wall hung vanity
- Heated towel rail
- Other features include a fresh air ventilation system
- Budgeted body corporate levies average $4,000 per apartment (these vary depending on entitlement calculations which are determined by a registered valuer)
- Body corporate inclusions: broadband in every apartment; refuse collection; common area electricity and cleaning; building insurance; regular maintenance; building and window wash; long term maintenance provision; professional body corporate management and building manager
The site will be attractively landscaped featuring courtyard areas with paved walkways, raised garden boxes and mature planting.
35 secure carparks will be available for freehold purchase or rental upon the completion of stage 2 beneath the apartment building accessible with security card access. Secure storage lockers in the basement are also available for purchase by apartment owners.
The subject development is well positioned in Mt Cook just to the south of Te Aro. This excellent city fringe location offers close proximity to the CBD whilst also positioned within an established inner city residential area and the Massey and Victoria University campuses. It is also away from the hustle and bustle of the inner city area, a factor which has affected some of the earlier converted apartment developments.
The development plan and construction methodology provides the security of current building standards for earthquake and fire protection, as well as standards for noise reduction and air flow ventilation.